Family Farm

Family Farm

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Nutella-Peanut Butter Rolls

http://www.thebungalowblog.com/2012/03/nutella-peanut-butter-rolls.html


The recipe is quick and easy and starts with frozen bread dough.  It originally called for peanut butter, but I experimented and added Nutella! These days I can’t get enough of that stuff.
peanut butter
To make the buns or rolls, first push the thawed dough out into a rectangular shape and spread with peanut butter and powdered sugar or brown sugar. Just eye it up, I don’t know the exact amounts, but I used a little too much peanut butter.
I had 3 loaves of bread dough thawed, so I made 3 batches and have tons to give away. I hope we give them away and don’t scarf them down by ourselves, but sweets don’t last too long around here.
sugar peanutbutter
I sprinkled on the powdered sugar, but I think I like the taste of brown sugar better, so next time I’ll use that.
Next, roll it up jellyroll style and cut into 1 inch slices. Using dental floss to cut the dough is easier and neater than trying to slice it with a knife.
dental floss
Place the rolls in a 9 x 13 inch pan, cover with a kitchen towel or greased plastic wrap and let rise for about 30 minutes.  Don’t pack them in too tightly because they will rise more while baking.  Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.
xx2012_03_03_3808
Some rolls had peanut butter, some had Nutella and some had a combination of both.
After they cool, spread some cream cheese icing on top, or any icing you prefer. I used canned icing.
3buns
Pull them apart and enjoy. My favorites are the ones with Nutella.                         I♥Nutella.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers