Family Farm

Family Farm

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Maple Dark Chocolate Cookie Cups Filled with Maple Mousse Topped with Candied Bacon:

http://www.bakeaholicmama.com/2012/02/maple-dark-chocolate-cookie-cups-filled.html?spref=fb

Maple Dark Chocolate Cookie Cups Filled with Maple Mousse Topped with Candied Bacon: For the Secret Recipe Club



Today is a special post for me.

When I started blogging back in July, I discovered the Secret Recipe Club. I followed them and the many bloggers who are also members for quite sometime. When my blog finally grew to meet the requirements for membership I applied.

A couple months later I got my email asking to join. WOOHOO!

Naturally I was even more pumped when I received my first blog assignment.

I was assigned Taryn from Sweetly Serendipity.

I strolled over to stalk her blog. Only to find a ton of mouth watering recipes. How am I supposed to choose just one??

OH and guess what she's from Boston!

Awesome, I love bloggies from New England! (I live about 1.5 hours north of Bean Town)

The first recipe that caught my eye was this Povitica. Oh my goodness, how good does that look?!?!?! Then I saw these Port Ganache Glazed Brownies with Dried Cherries.... Holy COW!

But then I saw it. Toasted Nut Florentine Cups filled with MAPLE MOUSSE!

Seriously, Maple Mousse??  You all know how I have a slight obsession with Maple Syrup. Especially this time of year (being sugaring season and all).

For my cookie cups I did not use her Florentine Cups (as good as they looked) I had some Maple Cookie Dough left overs so I use that instead. I did use her Mousse recipe without any adaptions. It  came out perfect!

Maple Cookie Cups Filled w/ Maple Mousse Topped w/ Candied Bacon

Ingredients for the Mousse:
Recipe from Sweetly Serendipity 

1 cup pure maple syrup
4 large egg yolks
1 package unflavored gelatin
1 1/2 cups whipping cream

Directions:
Bring maple syrup to a boil then remove from heat and set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks and pour a little bit of the maple syrup in while whisking.  This is to temper the eggs and keep them from curdling.

Add warmed egg yolks to hot maple syrup until well mixed.

Measure 1/4 cup of whipping cream in a bowl and sprinkle it with the gelatin. Let it set for 5 minutes. Place the bowl in a microwave for 45 seconds (microwave for 10 seconds at a time and check it in between) or place the bowl in a pan of barely simmering water, stir to ensure the gelatin has completely dissolved.

Whisk the gelatin/whipping cream mixture into the maple syrup mixture and set aside.

Whisk occasionally for about an hour or until the mixture has the consistency of an unbeaten raw egg white.

Whip the remaining cream in your electric mixer on high  until you have stiff peaks.

Stir 1/4 of the whipped cream into the maple syrup mixture.

Fold in the remaining cream and refrigerate for at least an hour.

Directions for Candied Bacon:

Take desired amount of bacon slices (I used 2) dredge through brown sugar.

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

Flip and then bake for another 15 minutes.

The bacon hardens rather quickly once cooled so if you want smaller pieces be sure to but break it up before it hardens.

Directions for cookie cups:

I used my recipe for Maple Slice and Bake Cookies  , I pulled off enough dough to make about 6 cups.

I pressed the dough in my greased tartlet pans.

After you press dough into cups/pans you need to weigh it down so it doesn't rise or fall during the bake time.

To do this, simply place a piece of parchment paper in each cookie cup and fill with rice or beans.

Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until cookie cups are golden brown.

Discard your "weight". Let the cookie cups cool before dipping into melted Dark Chocolate (optional)

Fill cookie cooled cookie cups with your mouse and top with candied bacon pieces.

You can also serve the Mousse as is... the cookie cups are an optional edible serving dish!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers